We are interested in recruiting more GPs to participate in the study. Via the HealthElink system you are able to do the following:
- Enter basic clinical details and receive an instant treatment plan for hepatitis C, based on current ASHM/ALA Guidelines.
- Automatic calculations are performed in the system for fibrosis assessment and interpretation based on basic blood tests (APRI) and fibroelastography, ultrasound or biopsy if available.
- Medication interactions are automatically checked via integration with the University of Liverpool database.
- Electronically refer to a tertiary Hepatitis team (specialist and viral hepatitis nurse) to approve the treatment plan, or approve plans yourself if you are experienced in hepatitis C treatment. If referred for specialist approval, the specialist viral hepatitis nurse may also be able to help keep track of your patients treatment progress.
- A team care arrangement can be approved and documented on the treatment plan in appropriate patients.
- Specialists, nurses and GP can message each other to ensure patients are outcomes and progress is monitored and/or ask questions along the way.
- The patient may login to view their treatment plan, receive reminders about picking up scripts / blood tests, and message the specialist nurse via the system.
Currently the study is open for recruitment in South Australia and the Northern Territory only, with recruitment planned to extend to Victoria in the coming months. If you are interested in referring your hepatitis C patients via the system, please fill out the form at the bottom of the page, and we will get in touch with further details. The following video provides a five-minute overview of the system:
How do I participate?
Your participation will involve the following:
- Reading and signing a consent to participate
- Filling out a one-page pre-study survey
- At the conclusion of the study in late-2018, filling out a short (5-minute) post-study survey
To join the study, please fill out the form below and we will get in contact via email with further details. We can usually provide a login to begin referrals via the system within 24-hours of receiving a completed consent.