If you are ready to commence treatment for hepatitis C, your GP will determine your eligibility and refer for an online specialist opinion via the HealthElink system. When you are enrolled in the system, you will receive a full patient information and disclosure form.
Through the HealthElink system you will be able to do the following:
- Login to see your treatment plan, including when you are due for blood tests, appointments or to pickup scripts.
- Directly message the hepatitis nurse via the system, to ask any questions or receive advice.
- Receive reminders through email when you are due for blood tests or to pickup your next script (no confidential details are included in any email and your are required to login to the HealthElink system to view your reminder).
- Receive results through the system, potentially avoiding the need for a face-to- face appointment if felt appropriate by both yourself and treating doctor/nurse.
What do I need to do to participate?
If your GP is enrolled in the HealthElink system and has referred to a specialist for an online opinion, you can join the system. After your GP begins your treatment for hepatitis C, you will receive an email with your login details. Your participation will involve the following:
- Visiting the website to see your treatment plan and tick off treatment tasks as you complete them so that your doctor and nurse can keep track of your progress.
- After finishing your treatment and follow- up, filling out a short 5-minute survey.
What if I do not want to participate?
It is entirely your choice to participate in HealthELink. You are under no obligation to participate. If you decline, your medical care will not be affected in any way. Furthermore, if you agree to participate you may withdraw your consent at any time by notifying the HealthELink trial co-ordinator (email firstname.lastname@example.org).