What blood tests should I perform prior to referring/entering a patient?
Prior to entering a referral in the system, please organise the following blood tests:
- Full Blood Examination, Liver Function Tests, Urea and Electrolytes (including eGFR), INR
- Hepatitis C Genotype and Viral Load
- Hepatitis B Serology (HBsAg, anti-HBc, anti-HBs)
- HIV and Hepatitis A Serology
- Pregnancy test for women of childbearing potential
Full details of the pre-treatment workup can be found on the online Australian Consensus Guidelines